Flying Fish is looking for new team members! We are presently hiring passionate people with some experience in the beverage industry for the Philadelphia and surrounding county regions. Compensation includes salary, bonus structure, expense reimbursement, health benefits, and beer benefits. Living in PA is strongly preferred and will be given priority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication, and ability to present our products to large groups.
- Extensive passion for good beer, and willingness to become educated in breweries and beer styles.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Excel, including the ability to enter, retrieve, and interpret data in spreadsheets.
- Familiar and competent with social media.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail, with the ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Strong judgment, professional maturity and an excellent work ethic, as this individual will be required to work independently both out on the road and from a home office.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary to attend selected festivals and events, such as brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to lift 35-lb case boxes and maneuver and place 163-lb kegs.
- Be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last three years.
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keen focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines in retail accounts, which include bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores/convenient stores.
- Review and communicate sales data and market insights relevant with distributors.
- Identify major accounts that are not being penetrated with products, and developing a plan to establish business with such accounts to feature our brand.
- Educate, communicate and ensure that the Brewery’s quality standards, objectives, policies, and procedures are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
This includes conducting wait staff/bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions.
If interested, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com
Tasting Room Server
Flying Fish is looking for a Tasting Room team member to help with tours, the gift shop and serving beer. This position is more than just pouring beer from a tap. We’re looking for someone who has beer knowledge and the passion to learn the ins and outs of brewing beer from grain to glass. You need an outgoing personality and the ability to discuss and educate visitors about our beers.
Candidates with prior restaurant or tavern experience are preferred. Must be available Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- conduct brewery tours
- assisting customers in selecting beers and serving beers
- cash handling and understanding of POS operation
- helping guests in merchandise room
- inventory control
- cleaning & polishing of glassware
- cleaning of surrounding work area
Compensation is hourly wage for a tipped position. This is a part time job to start. Must be age 25 or over.
Send cover letter/resume and the resasons why you would make a great server to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Brand Ambassadors
We are currently looking for punctual, reliable, friendly and craft-beer loving people to conduct promotions at beer distributors and bottle shops within the areas below:
North Jersey-Sussex, Warren, Hunterdon, Somerset, Morris, Passaic, Bergen, Essex, Union and Hudson Counties
Central Jersey-Hunterdon, Somerset, Union, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean Counties
Northeastern, PA- Susquehanna, Wayne, Pike, Monroe, Carbon, Luzerne, Wyoming & Lackawanna Counties
Maryland– Baltimore City, Baltimore, Washington, Frederick, Carroll, Hartford, Anne Arundel, Cecil Counties and Southern Maryland
You will be expected to engage customers and educate them about Flying Fish beers. The commitment includes afternoons on Fridays, with the possible addition of Saturday and Sunday afternoons, each month. You make the schedule; we set up the tastings. Training will be provided. For more information about our company and our beers, please check us out
To be considered, Applicants MUST:
– Have a reliable car with valid driver’s license.
– Be able to arrive at scheduled event within territory by 4:30 on a Friday.
– Be capable of light physical work, lift up to 40 pounds, and stand for 3 or more hours as required.
– To apply please send an email to email@example.com Do not call our main office!
– Submit a paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with an updated resume.